Annakut Cooking Guidelines
- Please cook to fill 9 inch aluminum pie plate. You could easily find these plates in convenience stores. The plate has a depth of 1.5inch, fill enough so that it could be seen from the side.
- Please bring the "Fresh" food item to the hall by 12.00pm (Noon).
- Please have a bath before you start preparing food items.
- If you have to use Restroom while cooking, please have a bath before you resume cooking.
- If you are during your menstrual period, then wait three or four days before cooking.
- If you're planning to prepare a cheese food item, we suggest you to use Tillamook Cheese.
- Remember to NOT use Onions, Garlic, or Hing. If you read the ingredients list on an item and it says 'SPICES', then it is safe to assume that it has onion power or hing in it. So please take note of that.
- Please do NOT use Gold or Silver 'Varakh' (the gold and silver that you see on sweets that you typically find in the Indian grocery stores) on the sweets.
- Please do NOT use Red Food Color #40.
- Please use Filtered water for cooking. Please do NOT use water straight out of the tap.
Should you have any questions, please contact Jalpa Parmar, (425) 224-3050